Friday, July 10, 2009

Gripping stranger #14: Nazi bike courier- A special guest blog by Jordie Yow

I see you riding every day while you deliver the mail downtown. I don't believe you are actually a Nazi, but if you stood next to a random sampling of Vancouver bike couriers and told someone to pick out the soldier of the Third Reich they would pick you every time. With your perfectly upright posture, utilitarian wireframe glasses, muscular build and close-cropped hair no one could help it. It might say something about me that I see you biking around in your courier uniform and immediately think "Nazi". I have seen too many movies with Nazi villains. That might be it. The fact that you wear a bike helmet in the shape and colour of one on the head of many nameless soldiers in Band of Brothers, always makes me wonder: is your appearance a conscious choice or merely an unfortunate coincidence?

To access more joy that is the Jordie Yow experience, check out his blog and Discorder magazine, which he edits.

No comments:

Post a Comment